regio Eindhoven – 40 uur
Are you ready to make a big difference in technology? If you are a control engineer who is motivated to ensure our robots move smoothly and you thrive in a young, passionate team of engineers with multidisciplinary backgrounds, then you are the professional we are looking for!
You are full of innovative ideas and you show initiative, can oversee your tasks and responsibilities and you are able to work autonomously. With your excellent communication skills you are able to communicate with colleagues from different disciplines and backgrounds. We are looking for someone who has creative ideas for the best solutions and is willing to take responsibility for a substantial part of the control of various robots. Besides that, you have demonstrable experience with drones (controlling and/or flying) and you are passionate about mobile robotics and their applications.
You will work closely together with a talented multidisciplinary team to ensure that our customers have a flawless experience when using our products. As part of our team, you will be contributing to the robotic control software in our various projects, to create an endto-end control solution for our products and projects. All software is realized in MATLAB Simulink or in C++ on ROS (Robot Operating System). You will initially focus on developing, extending, and testing the control software for our drones. This not only includes testing your control algorithms in a simulation environment but also piloting the drone in various indoor and outdoor situations (together with a colleague and/or a customer).
Besides working on the most innovative and challenging projects and products, we also find it important to celebrate our successes and do a lot of fun things together as a team such as team barbeques; sporting events and a yearly team-weekend.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Creating end-to-end control solutions
- Anything from sensor selection and filtering, sensor fusion, path planning and obstacle avoidance, to smooth motion control, supervisory control and extensive testing and evaluation
- Interaction with our customers and partners
- Help define and write requirements for (new) functionality including how to test
- Continuously improving our way of working and proactively identifying and implementing ideas to make our team even higher performing.
- Sharing your professional experience with fellow control engineers to raise the overall quality of the team and products
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Control Engineering
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience
- Experience with MATLAB Simulink and/or ROS
- Good analytical, problem solving and debugging skills
- A basic understanding of electronics and embedded software as well as the ability to discuss and collaborate with hardware and software engineers
- Experience with observers and controllers of mechatronic systems (at work or in your spare time)
- Experience with development and implementation of guidance, navigation and control algorithms for mobile robots
- Affinity with programming to support the implementation of controllers
- Experience with any of the following is a bonus: ROS, Linux programming (in C++), GIT, Jira, Confluence
who are we
We are a fast-growing high-tech company from Eindhoven. At Avular, we believe that mobile robotics will help make the world a better place, so with our products and services we help other companies develop new robots in a quicker and more efficient way. Our goal is to make robots accessible on a global scale, specifically for those applications that create a better future for all. Our robots, both on the ground and in the air, can thus be found across industries, keeping our purpose in mind at all times: from agriculture to cleaning and from construction to hospitality. We set ambitious goals for ourselves, but with our team of highly motivated and bright colleagues, we together achieve our goals. We value our people and pay a lot of attention to their well-being, which is reflected in the informal culture at our office. Besides that we find it important to celebrate our successes, as a team and as a company. As of day one, we will make sure you feel part or our tribe!
- A unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing tech company that’s revolutionizing the way robots are built and where you can really make a difference
- Being part of a fast-growing company with many career opportunities and short communication lines
- Plenty of room for personal development, new ideas, and opportunities
- A young, passionate, multidisciplinary team of professionals representing all disciplines of robot development and scaling up companies
- Game nights, Friday afternoon drinks, and a variety of team events
- Enough time to rest and relax with 30 vacation days
- Good primary and secondary employment conditions with a salary based on experience level and a noncontributory pension scheme
- A reimbursement for your travel costs
- The best fuel: good coffee
- Location: Strijp-T, Eindhoven, where you’ll be surrounded by other innovative companies
- Possibility to work from home 1-2 days per week